- Cyber-safety Basics video podcast (.mov, 19MB)
Computer security information for UC Davis students, faculty and staff
- Winning posters/videos made by students for the 2011 Educause Information Security Awareness Contest
- Cyber-safety Basics PDF | PPT
- Identifying and Encrypting Personal Information: Using Cornell Spider and Pointsec for PC (PPT)
- Sophos' a to z of computer security threats (PDF)
- Paul Waterstraat's Presentation: Secure Your Computer Now (PPT)
- 10 Questions You Should Ask Before Using an Online Data Backup Service
- 10 Things Everybody Should Know about How the Email World Works
- Information Security Awareness Tutorial
Shows faculty and staff how to protect sensitive information stored in computers. To take the tutorial, click here, sign in with your UC Davis login ID and passphrase, enter "information security awareness" in the search box on the main page, click “go,“ click on "Information Security Awareness" (DAC-TT0900) from the list, then click on "start."
- Online Security Awareness Training Program (built by NIH)
- Federal Trade Commission: Privacy, Identity & Online Security
Materials on a wide range of cyber-safety topics.