DNSSEC implementation project
Information and Educational Technology implemented DNSSEC at 6 a.m. on Tuesday, July 9, 2013.
- All campus departmental VLAN contacts, departmental firewall administrators, and DNS subdomain server administrators need to test their readiness to accept DNSSEC traffic, and make changes as necessary.
- Please prepare well in advance of July to allow adequate time for testing:
- Run the tests - instructions are available for DNS subdomain owners and departmental VLAN firewall admins/owners
- If you have a private VLAN with NAT’ing, be sure to test that VLAN too
- Send results to DNSSEC@ucdavis.edu
- This announcement, posted on the tsp-info listserv, summarizes the DNSSEC implementation project, including the impact of the change, key dates, and instructions for campus technologists.
- For more information on DNSSEC please visit the KB Article "DNSSEC instructions for administrators of VLAN firewalls"
- If units need help to test or configure their VLAN firewall, IT Professional Services (ITPS) offers computer and network consulting services to campus departments on a fee basis and can provide support for VLAN firewalls. For additional information, see http://itps.ucdavis.edu or contact 530-757-8907.
If you have questions or comments about the project, please contact the DNSSEC implementation team at email@example.com.